Sunday, February 3, 2008

Student Teacher Starts Tomorrow

I think all teachers can remember the time when Sunday afternoon was a bittersweet time. The tension between enjoying the remaining hours of the weekend and the worry about the pending lesson plans sinks in dampens even the most lively activities. This tension has waned to almost nothing since this is now my 4th year (though it's certainly not gone!), but tonight - Sunday evening - it's pretty much zero. Why? Because starting tomorrow, my intern takes over all my classes! Whoo HOO! I'll be around to talk her through how it's going before and after school, but for the most part I'm off the hook. Well.. I do have to be in the building, but that just provides me time to work on my National Board Certification business.

I've got evidence done for 3 out of 4 entries, and I've been saving the writing portion because I knew I had this chunk of time coming up.

She'll do just fine... or it will make her hate teaching. One or the other. :P

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.