Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Started My National Board Application

Some of my colleagues at the Knowles Science Teachers meeting wanted to know what it was like to go through the National Board Portfolio process. So I told them and it from that conversation it seems to me that I ought to write a list entitled Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Started My National Board Application.

I wish I'd
  • read all the response questions before I even planned the lessons
  • joined a National Board Support class/group
  • studied harder for the test (harder? this one might be moot, since hindsight is always 20/20, there's no guarantees that I would've studied the right thing - and far be it from me to let slip what's on it)
  • I think it probably would've been a really good idea to the Take-One option, so to get my feet wet, feel the whole thing out and then go for the rest of it.
Maybe this list will get longer, but that's it for now. (I'm sure I'll refer back to this post when Knowles asks me to present about my NBPTS experience at their summer meeting in July).

1 comment:

fearingfearitself said...

So I met this lady from Burlington over the weekend. She came to Starbucks. We talked, and I found out she was from Burlington.

Also, as long as I'm commenting, question: do you know of a substance that at it's thinnest is still opaque? It seems to me there has to be something, especially because some substances can't get down to a single molecule thin and retain all their characteristics because said characteristics stem from their structure, specifically thinking of chrystaline.