Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Renewable Energy Presentations are Beginning!

Today was the first day of renewable energy project presentations. Apparently my intern has been talking about my class in her science methods course, so the teacher approached me yesterday wondering if she could bring her class to see my presentations, so of course I agreed. So we had a troop of college kids in my somewhat small 7th period class today.

The presentations went really well. The kids had great calculations, conclusions, and for the most part were very into the work they had done.

Afterwards the college kids said the presentations had been "college level work, like I'd expect to see this in one of my classes", which I plan to pass along to these students. We talked about how to modify this to a lower level physics course. We talked about how I had the lower level students create their own rubric for their presentations.

The teacher wondered if I had published about any of this work, and I said I had (so I showed them the Science Teacher article), but even so the teacher later asked me if I'd be willing to work with her on writing another article about my work. Ha! How exciting.

Anyway, I'm just glad to have a bit of closure (just two more classes to go - but they won't be ready for at least another week or so, and frankly I don't have that kind of patience). :P

No comments: