Monday, March 10, 2008

SERG and VT Interfaith Power and Light

As for the weatherization/biomass heating fuel non-profit, Bart my bus buddy recommended I get in touch with two organizations Sustainable Energy Resource Group (SERG) and Vermont Interfaith Power and Light.

Apparently SERG hosts weatherization workshops! So this already exists ~ we just need to jump on board. I think I'll contact them and hopefully set up a training day in Burlington, VT for a collaboration of churches.

Vermont Interfaith Power and Light does energy audits for churches, synagogues, etc. and teaches the congregants what they can do to save energy and money. Maybe I'll invite them to come to St. Andrew's.

All this on the day that the Southern Baptist convention decided that they do in fact care about global climate change... and it's our moral obligation to do something about it. Well, dang, let's move this mountain! (God specializes in the impossible, no?)

No comments: