Monday, March 10, 2008

New England Grassroots Environment Fund and VSHI

Today on the bus I got to talk with my bus buddy Bart from Holland. I was telling him all about the latest news with the Vermont Sustainable Heating Initiative. When I got to the part about an outreach to middle to upper income folks, he asked, "How do you plan to reach them?" To which I said, "Ummmmmm... no clue." Well, I did have some ideas, mainly posters and flyers, but I don't really think those are that effective.

He said, "Why not have a table at a farmer's market? Then you could have a sign up sheet, which could then be considered your 'market'. And you could email them when you want to have an informational meeting".

"Yes, but doesn't it cost money to have a table at a farmer's market?"

"It does, but NEGEF would be able to help with outreach". (Bart from Holland works for the New England Grassroots Environment Fund aka NEGEF)

Dude. I'm pumped right now. The deadline is May 1st, and then we could have farmer's market space in the summer ... possibly. We've got to act fast, but VSHI is a fast-acting kind of group!

No comments: