Friday, July 30, 2010

KSTF Summer Meeting: Turns Out I Voluntarily Left the State of VT (!?!)

Albeit for a very short while...

Not too much to say at the moment since it's past midnight, and I'm definitely tired :P but I'm hanging out in Philadelphia at the Knowles Science Teaching Foundation summer meeting: the first KSTF meeting I've voluntarily attended since my fellowship ended last year. What can I say? I just couldn't stay away. I love these people. Tomorrow I'm presenting with two other fellows in a seminar called "Off the Grid" in which two guys were inspired by my bike generators of a few years ago, and went on to build super sweet bicycle generators to take their classrooms off the grid. Very nice. They drove to the meeting so that they could bring their bike generator to the meeting, so people have been donating energy so that the presentation itself can be run off of the human-energy-filled battery. Best of all, these guys made shirts for us. Pictures to come.

No comments: