Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Warning: Student on Fire!

One of the Montpelier students who attended the GIV Winter Weekend last weekend has now made it her mission in life to change the school's heating system over to something renewable. The whole thing made the channel 5 news which you can watch here... as long as you aren't trying to use Safari or Firefox (at least I haven't had much luck with them. Perhaps you need Windows Media Player?).

She has already spoken with the head of the school grounds and when he was like, "neither wood pellets nor wood chips will work" she said something like, "I cannot accept that oil is our only option".  Wow. Oh my gosh. This girl rocks!  

I told her about the District Heating Project with the Biomass Energy Research Center so she found their number, got some good information from them, and we're off and running. It's really refreshing to see how much energy she has to put towards this. 

It looks like I'll be advising an independent study for her around this stuff - I recommended it since she will be doing this work anyway. 

No comments: